Frankie D.

Frankie D.

Monday, October 13, 2014

THE NOT SO Malicious Monday




So, remember last blog? Well, I mentioned I usually have Terrible Tuesdays but there are also Malicious Mondays in my life.  Now, THIS Monday wasn't as Malicious!

I call my Mondays, “Malicious” because they aren't really good days and they never, ever, change.  First, I have to get up extra early because my sister has an early class at FIU and traffic is horrible.  Second, because I am tired, I am usually not good in school and don’t make as many points as I would like.  I am cranky and I have to go through more meltdowns during the day.  When I have a meltdown I feel angry and I throw a fit.  I don’t like feeling this way but I can’t help it.  I know I need to learn to control my anger and frustration but it’s hard.  My teacher gives me a stress ball and it helps me calm down – I squeeze it hard and try to breath and most of the time it works. Anyway, the whole day is a mess and I hate them.

Back to this Monday NOT being so Malicious and negative for me - things were still bad but not as bad.  I think I got more sleep because I wasn't as tired.  Mom keeps on sending us to bed earlier and earlier but it’s hard for me to fall to sleep.  I do take melatonin to help me sleep but I also get scared at night and I hate sleeping by myself.  My brother, Victor, used to sleep with me before but we are getting older and we don’t fit in my twin bed anymore.  Even if he is sleeping on the same bunk bed, I still feel lonely and scared.  Well,  again, I am thinking I must have gotten more sleep that night because I wasn't as tired; I wasn't as cranky; and, I didn't meltdown so much at school.  I think I even got over 80 points, which is crazy for a MALICIOUS MONDAY!  

These positive little things made such a big difference in my day.  I noticed the day didn't stink so much and I told my mom I wanted to share it on my blog.  This Monday was not so Malicious at all and it deserves a special spot in my stories.  Things don’t always have to be negative – just a little positive goes a long way. I am not usually an optimist but if my Mondays can get better, then I might just become one. 

Now, excuse me while I go take a shower and get ready for bed!

PS:  Don't you love my picture design?  I think it's so cool! I made it using Picassa and I had so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment